Reiki (pronounces ray-key) is an ancient Japanese healing modality used for restoring balance & ease to living beings. It is a gentle, hands-on (or off) technique used to accelerate the body's natural ability to reduce stress, relax, & heal itself on the physical, emotional, mental & spiritual levels. As this intelligent energy clears & balances the chakras, or energy centers in the body, it supports the mind, body and spirit in returning to its natural state of balance, reactivating the body's natural ability to heal itself. Usui Reiki sessions often bring about a deep sense of relaxation and wellbeing, & can be used in combination with therapy or other healing modalities. Rei means "Universal, All Knowing, Inner Self or Higher Power" and Ki means "Life Force," or the energy that runs through everything.
History of Usui Reiki
• Dr. Mikao Usui lived in the city of Kyoto, Japan during the end of the 19th century. His journey toward Reiki started when he began to wonder why the historically documented healing miracles of Buddha, Jesus, and other masters were no longer being demonstrated
• He travelled the world, studying various philosophies, religions, spiritual & healing practices, educating himself in history & medicine. He returned to Japan to study the original Buddhist writings and Japanese Lotus sutras, finding clues that pointed in the direction of the symbols & mantras that would be Reiki
• During a 21-day fasting retreat to Mount Kurama, he had a profound meditation experience that awakened him yo the power to heal & empower others to heal.
• During this spiritual awakening, he receieved the mantras, symbols & information on how to use them to awaken Reiki energy
Benefits of Reiki when used as a compliment to conventional healing/medicine
• Can decrease symptoms of anxiety, stress, depression and insomnia
• Calms emotions, supports relaxation, inner-peace, self-awarenss, self-empowerment, & enhances one's ability to meditate
• Supports the maintenance of a healthy immune system & can accelerate healing
• Has the capacity to diminish sensations of pain & reduce side effects from various illnesses
Certifications & Trainings
• Crystal Zelman began her Reiki journey many years ago, studying Reiki I in 2009 with Ann Meredith, a powerful healer & Reiki Master
• She continued on her journey, studying Reiki II in 2014 with Eileen Alexander, Reiki Master, Life & Grief Coach
• Crystal dove deeper into her studies of the Chakras, or energy centers of the body, in 2016 through her Kundalini Yoga training with Mahan Rishi Singh Khalsa & Nirbhe Kaur Khalsa
• Crystal completed her Reiki Master training in 2017 with Eileen Alexander.
• Having completed her studies in Reiki I, II, and Reiki Master, as well as Kundalini Yoga, Crystal has the knowledge & ability to utilize the mantras, symbols, Reiki energy, and her intuition to create a relaxing & energy clearing Usui Reiki experience.